The ATMEA1 design offers maximum flexibility to meet operator’s needs. This includes flexibility for operation-cycle duration and power maneuverability. The ATMEA1 design is also adaptable to all site-specific conditions without the need for significant modification.
Adjustable power output
- Self-adjusting capabilities to meet actual energy demand
- Fast power reductions enabled by shifting to house load operation
- Control modes and channels for greater flexibility in normal operation, including frequency control variations and load follow-up capability
- Extended load follow-up and frequency control capability
- Instantaneous full return to power at a 5% rate per minute
- Enhanced operator management to optimize plant outage and downtime
Fuel management options
- Fuel selection options with longer or shorter fuel lifecycles, limiting downtime due to refueling operations
- 12- to 24-month fuel cycle durations
- Fuel management variations from full uranium core to a MOX fuel mix of up to 1/3 in the standard design, and up to 100% without any major design modification
- Accessibility to reactor building during operation and in-service maintenance, shortening duration of refueling outages
- High availability factor (>92% over the plant life) from high reliability of components and short outages
Conformity to various site conditions
- The ATMEA1 design already fits almost any site conditions without major adaptation.
- The cooling medium adapts to various heat sink conditions.
- Adaptation to 50 or 60Hz.
- Safety systems protect against external hazards, such as seismic activity, flooding, tsunami, tornado, fire and explosion pressure waves.
- Standard 0.3g safe shutdown earthquake-level design has appropriate margins, which can be adapted to higher seismic levels with limited modifications.
- Leak-tight buildings limit releases into the environment.